Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Blog 35

I just read that other blog (Brian's), and it made me think of something:  "Why I still live in Roseburg".  Now I am not stealing Brian's thunder,  but we are both on the same page about this community.  In fact so is all our staff.  At KQEN and  Brooke Communications, we have  an office full of people who have deep roots in the area.  Some have lived here forever, several of us have "come back" to Roseburg, and most tend to eventually realize how much they like it and why they would be nuts to  leave.   When I moved here in 1988 to work at another media outlet, I planned to stay "a year or two".  I considered offers back in "the big city"  and looked at possibilities at other bigger places.  Eventually I immigrated to Brooke Communications and the more I got plugged in to things, the less I wanted to leave.   There is something to be said for a short commute, lower cost of living  and making long term friendships.  

So here I still am.  KQEN is becoming more successful that ever-  its great to see the impact we are having with a mix of local news and talk, and best in talk from Rush, Lars, Dave Ramsey and more.  Lots of excellent reasons to like Roseburg.   So keep listening...and we'll keep working hard to make the station even better!  Thoughts?  Email me:  kyle@bciradio.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment