Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Getting Old

Well it has happened.

No - nothing that was a suprise. But a big moment none the less. I was on the air Monday afternoon when the email came in - "your daughter has a license". I practically choked as I was on live, with my email box open.

I knew this was coming. Michaela did great in Drivers Ed over the summer. Teacher Mike Pardon and the others, appear to have kept all their hair. My wife tells me she is doing fine, even my mother - who let her drive the "Grandma car" thought her driving was fine. I have ridden with her a few times and thought she was making progress. Still the reality was a bit of a shock. No we have not bought her a car. In this economy, not sure its going to happen soon. Oh and there is insurance too...yet another bill to add to the pile.

All that aside - I have gotten mixed responses. One friend asked when she was driving so he could stay off Harvard at that time. Another tells me that we are approaching freedom - when she drives herself to an event. (presuming she has a car!)

All I know is that it was a strange feeling to send her out for Ice Cream....and wait....and wait...and wait...for her to come back. (yes she did come back....safe and sound)

Is that a grey hair I see?

No comments:

Post a Comment