Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Blog 24

This morning I went to the Dentist, and this afternoon I am interviewing U.S. Senator Jeff Merkley. One person asked which appointment would be more painful. Ouch! One of my favorite things about the news end of my job is getting to talk to the officials who make things happen.. Whether its City Councilors, State Reps, or even our three U.S. congressional delegation members, I always enjoy getting them behind the mic. Whether you personally agree with our government officials or not, remember - they are people. I honestly think most are trying to do the right thing, of course the disagreement is - what is the right thing!! Being in politics, you are always "ON". One staff person told me his bosses schedule is in ten minute sections all day. Those "days" often last 12-15 hours too! Thankfully Blackberrys, wi-fi and all the new technology helps them keep working while they are moving from meeting to meeting. So whether you agree with a politician or not, take a step back and remember - he or she probably has a family, bills and as many problems as you. In these tough times, their job isn't easy.

1 comment:

  1. As a regular listener of KQEN, I would like to hear you ask at least one tough question.

    ReplyDelete